Tuesday, May 31, 2011

There's a need for Procreation Licenses

Watching Good Morning America this morning, they mentioned a little blip of a story that reminded me of another idiotic conversation I had with ReeRee around Christmas time. Here's a little back story.

One of the members of The Club is the great grandson (or great great, not reallY sure anymore) of the first du Ponts to come to America. The house that he and his wife currently live in was built by his father in 1923 when this said member was 3 years old. His father had it built so that every year on his birthday, the light from the setting sun would illuminate the massive hallway that stretches from one end of the mansion to the other.

Every year, The Club caters a family Christmas dinner at the mansion. While we were setting up, I retold the story to ReeRee. When I got to the part where I told her that it only happens on his birthday, ReeRee gazed at me with that utterly confused look in her eyes and said "doesn't the sun set the same every day of the year? East to west?"

I thought her head was going to explode as I told her about the earth shifting on the axis, which gives us our change of seasons, throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment