Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Don't leave your teeth on the edge of the sink

As I've said before, the majority of the women I work with are older and, quite frankly, should retire (as I am typing this, one just announced that she forgot to put her teeth in. I can't make this stuff up.). Lala is well over 70 and lives alone with her two cats. She has 1 daughter, who is married to the head chef at The Club. They have 1 daughter who is 11. This morning, Lala was retelling a conversation that she had with her granddaughter a few days ago. She apparently is sick so Lala told her that she needs to get better soon so that she can take her on the St. Patrick's Day loop, a bar crawl around the city. At this point, she turns to me and says "well, she can't drink yet." Really Lala? Your 11 year old granddaughter can't drink yet? You don't say...

Today she got mad at me because I was doing my job. I was doing my job and she was doing my job as well, so I told her to stop. She didn't like that idea very much.

I'm thinking of taking a couple days off before the busy season starts so that I don't rip her head off and shove it down her throat at some point before July 1st.

2 comments:

  1. hey friend... maybe you should take a few days off.... you seem to have a large rage buildup right now =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now? I always have a huge rage buildup with these people lol wait until I tell you what happened at Willowdale this year...

    ReplyDelete